Software to cut from X3 using Creation cutter

Hi All,

First post and would appreciate some advice.  I use X3 and until recently have used Flexi 8.5V2 to cut vinyl on my PCut Creation 630 plotter.  Every few months I would have to delete the software and reinstall to clear up issues such as several passes on a cut job or the plotter cutting a job 2-3 times the instructed size.  This week however, reinstalling the software is not making any difference.  Can someone please recommend a program that will work easily and is not too complicated to operate or install, I'm not too tech-savvy.  Will most programs work with any cutter?  Is there a program that works well direct from Corel?

Thanks, Steve.

Parents
No Data
  • Hello BurkeyBoy; I use SignLab but there are a lot of programs out there, Just try to see it in action before dropping a lot of money. You shouldn't have to reload the software, most of the time double cutting a job is the file you sent to the cutting software. Flexi wil let you edit the nodes in a drawing once you have imported the "ai, eps' plt, dxf, ect." try pulling one of the nodes and see if it isent double lined. When doing a job in CorelDraw and want to cut it I take all the color out so there is only a outline of what I want, then convert it to curves and group it, After I import the file into the cutting software I brake it apart and convert it to curves with that saftware, then regroup it and cut it. The not cutting it the right size could be eather program or how you have the cutter setup at that time. ( AllWAYS look at the size of the object before you cut to make sure it is the right size. And Flexi is good software and you should be able to cut with it if it has drivers for your cutter, SignLab sends cutting info to the cutter "Speed, dirction to cut, blade pressure, and length of cut". Some cutters only go 60" at a time without panneling ( if you are going to do a lot of work over the limets of the cutter I think it's better to buy a cutter with no limets)(but it has to track stright, not all cutters do.) Make sure all the object are closed that should be.

My Thoughts George

Children