Problem with CorelCad STL export

I am creating a 2D drawing using polyline, welding all segments together and then revolving 360 degrees.  Everything looks correct and the revolved object appears as a wireframe model that you can shade as you wish..  When I try to export as STL it tells me that no solid were detected.

The help file says "Use the revolve command to create a 3D solid by revolving a 2D object about an axis." - That's exactly what I did.

It also says "The difference between 2D and 3D surfaces is that 3D surfaces are shown as wireframe models, not solid areas. "  - It is a 3D wireframe object

So I did exactly what the help files says and I got exactly what it says I should EXCEPT it isn't a recognizable 3D solid that I can export.

Any ideas what is wrong?  I bought this specifically so my kids could create STL objects for their 3D printer.  If it can't do that then it is useless to me.

Thanks

Jeff

Parents
No Data
  • I ended up starting with a polygon that had the number of sides I knew my desired object would have.  Then I drug the handles to where I needed them to define the shape.  Since it was a primitive and was closed already it saw it as a closed object and let me extrude, revolve, export as stl or whatever.

I got so frustrated with other corelcad limitations that I have since uninstalled it and gone to turbocad.

Good luck.

Children
No Data