Win 10 and X4

First I suspect this question has been beat to death...and second, I'm not sure it is in the right place. I apologize for both.

I just upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 where I had CorelDraw X4 running happily. From various comments on the Internet including some CorelDraw groups, I was under the impression that if you upgraded to Win !0 as opposed to doing a clean install CorelDraw would work fine.

So, I had my local shop do the upgrade (along with some major hardware upgrades) and just got the computer back.

I have two problems which may be due to incompatibility with Win 10 or maybe something I don't yet know how to adjust:

First, when I open CorelDraw, it gives me the option to open  a new document from my saved templates. While I can manually open a .cdt, when I click on the option in the welcome dialog nothing happens.

As a result, I go up to the menu bar looking for "file open" or "new" and encounter the second problem (in both Draw and PhotoPaint)--the menu bar is empty...or so it seems. If I run my mouse pointer over the menu bar, the various menus, such as "File", "Edit", and "View", etc., appear and are seemingly functional, but otherwise the menu bar appears entirely empty.

Anyone have an answer for this? Or any other advice and/or comments?