connecting users of the CorelDRAW family of products

Object Manager corel draw 12

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS

sajidb Posted: Fri, Nov 9 2012 10:14

hello,

when  i open corel draw 12 object manager does not load, i have to select it from tools, but this crashes it with the error attached. i have logged into other machines and object manager loads automatically and have no problems.

regards

Saj

Top 10 Contributor
Murrieta, California, U.S.
Male

From the image you posted, I think your problem may be from one of two causes:

1.  You may have a corruption in your desktop settings. Simple way to solve this, is to press and hold down the F8 key while starting DRAW and answer "Yes" to resetting the desktop to factory defaults. Or, if that does not work, then...

2.  You may have flaky or bad memory cell(s) in your RAM, if you have dual RAM sticks, exchange them and see if you come up with a different result or if this error is reported by other programs. Since this involves playing with sensitive circuitry, I would leave this as a last resort, and if you are uncomfortable trying to swap the RAM sticks, then google for and run an extensive memory test on your system.

HuMJohn aka Hugh Johnson

Top 10 Contributor
Virginia USA
Male

Hello saidb; What kind of computer and OS are you using?

George

TheSignGuy

Computer i5 Intel 2500K 4.0 mh, 16 gig Ram, SSD Main Drive, 1T WD Black, 1T Segate, 2 gig DDR 5 G Force Video card, Windows 7 Utl. 64 bit, ASRock 4 Extreme Mobo

Top 10 Contributor
Murrieta, California, U.S.
Male

Hi George. Guess you did not deduce the fact that he is using WinXP, from the image he posted.

HuMJohn aka Hugh Johnson

dell optiplex i7 8gb ram win xp

Top 10 Contributor
Virginia USA
Male

Hello Hugh' I have the video set high so I can't tell what he's using, but he says you are right, and I think the F8 reset would help ( can't heart except for having to rebuild the setup ).

George

TheSignGuy

Computer i5 Intel 2500K 4.0 mh, 16 gig Ram, SSD Main Drive, 1T WD Black, 1T Segate, 2 gig DDR 5 G Force Video card, Windows 7 Utl. 64 bit, ASRock 4 Extreme Mobo

hello,

thanks for your assistance however memory swap did not rectify nor did a new hard drive. i installed the x5 suite and that fixed it.

thanks

Sajid

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
© Corel Corporation. The content herein is in the form of a personal web log ("Blog") or forum posting. As such, the views expressed in this site are those of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Corel Corporation, or its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents. Terms and Conditions / User Guidelines.