CorelDraw X6 NotResponding at 50% CPU usage!

CorelDraw X6 Version 16.3.0.1114 64Bit

CPU: Pentium Dual-Core CPU E5200 @ 2.50GHz

GPU: ASUS GeForce 9800 GT - 512Mb

RAM: DDR2 Total Physical  6.00 GB Dual Channel

The problem is X6 is very very slow dealing with 7000 objects. While objects are grouped they move relatively fast (slow compared with windows XP), once I ungroup the 7000 objects X6 is moving slower and slower. Trying to move the 7000 objects selection is making CD X6 not respond.

The issue is that while this happens the CPU usage is only 50%, and while I look at the Resource Monitor it shows the process not responding with 50% CPU usage.

The biggest issue is that all systems at the office that run windows 7 64bit and CorelDraw x6 64bit suffer from this issue. Due to circumstances we had to change from windows XP 32bit to Windows 7 64bit and Corel Draw X6 and CorelDraw X5 move slower on the same PC.

Can anyone from Corel or not give me a solution to this problem?

Here https://app.box.com/s/sgty5kibi9feqgtbtzf4 you can find one file that I use from the thousands we have.

I need to mention that I have tried the following things

Starting the system in SafeMode

Resetting the environment (new installations suffer from the same symptoms)

Deleting everything in %TEMP% (new installations of OS has 0 files in temp)

Setting affinity to only one core

Running under administrator

Updated Video drivers

Updated system drivers

Updated CD to the latest fixes.

Please take in consideration the fact that the same files we use now on W7 x64 where used under windows xp 32bit also. I think the issue only affects win 7 x64 because we have a station that runs win 7 on 32bit and CD x5

Parents
No Data
  • I am having a very similar problem.  When trying to create a 'Boundry' for the file, my machine goes to 25% (quad core machine) and the process hangs. :(

If there is any chance that someone could look at this, that would be great.

If anyone can make it work and, send me a file with the boundry around the crests, that would be fantastic for the short term.  (fixing Corel would be great longer term. :)  )

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11199642/Golf%20Sign%20Crests.cdr

my email is gordread(at)gmail(dot)com

Gordon

ps. I really hope I'm not being too presumptuous.

pps running version 16.3.0.1114

Children