connecting users of the CorelDRAW family of products

Cant open need setup.msi 3x suite

rated by 0 users
This post has 34 Replies | 1 Follower

Page 2 of 3 (35 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS

No an image file, jpeg, png, bmp, gif, etc.

Sorry, I just reread my post to you, I meant to say export not import an image.  When I create an image and exptort it as a jpeg, gif, png, bmp, etc it has that corel white frame surrounding it.  In x4 can I create an image will beable to export it without the white frame.

Top 25 Contributor
Cave Creek, AZ
Male
TAG - Mediamarketplace (Foster)
You can export without the "white box" in many versions of CorelDRAW or
Corel PHOTO-PAINT. First, you have to choose a format that supports
transparency. For the Web, that is GIF or PNG. JPEG does not support
transparency at all.

I don't know what settings you use to export an image as a png or gif, but when I export using them I still get the white box.  And when I use gif I get a bad gradaion.  But I have never exported without the white box.  This would be great if I found out that I could really get rid of that box.

Top 25 Contributor
Cave Creek, AZ
Male
Make sure you get the GIF Export dialog box. There is a checkbox in the File Save dialog that decides if you get the dialogs that follow or not. I'm guessing you aren't getting them. They allow you to control the number of colors and transparency.

This is documented in detail in my CorelDRAW X3 Unleashed and CorelDRAW X4 Unleashed books. You might find it quite useful is learning how to use CorelDRAW for a number of tasks.

The two links you sent are great info pieces for telling what I would get if and when I purchased the books.  But it did not answer the question I need answered now. When I export a menu comes up saying convert to bitmap, I just follow the defaults and I still get the same white box.

Top 10 Contributor
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Male
TAG - MacroMonster.com
I think you mean the white lines from anti-aliasing? See Attached.

Iinstalling service pack 1 or 2 for X4, problem is gone.

If you prefer X3, but hate the lines, then this tool solves problem for X3 exports.

<the1sarge> wrote in message news:49049@coreldraw.com...

When I export a menu comes up saying convert to bitmap, I just follow the defaults and I still get the same white box.

I installed the service pack 2 and I still see the white box behind the image.  It has always amazed me that as great of program corel has been over the years, why they have developed a easy method of getting rid of the white box around the image.  You see question after questions by new user of corel asking the same question.  Very experenced  user know how to get rid of the white box.

Hi, it's me again.  Now that I'm using x4 do you know of an easy method of saving and exporting an image without white box surrounding the image.  I have never learded how to do this, my experiece with corel is very limited.  I know just enough to get myself in trouble :)

Top 10 Contributor
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Male
TAG - MacroMonster.com

the1sarge:
I installed the service pack 2 and I still see the white box behind the image.  

Sp2 for X4 or for X3? X4... no more AA lines will appear.

the1sarge:
Why they have not developed a easy method of getting rid of the white box around the image.

I need to see what you are talking about... you trying to do this?

If so go here

That is it exactly, every image I create has that white box.  Don't your images have the same white boxes, and if you can create the images with out the white boxes tell me how you do it, because you seem not to know what I was talking about.

Top 10 Contributor
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Male
TAG - MacroMonster.com

the1sarge:
Don't your images have the same white boxes, and if you can create the images with out the white boxes tell me how you do it

Here's one way - create PNG's From Draw.

note: this movie shows first release of X3, things are different now with how PNG's are presented in Photo-PAINT X3 SP1 (and later versions)

the1sarge:
because you seem not to know what I was talking about.

Well, after posting the cow image (another tutorial I wrote), I think we have it sorted out now. Stick out tongue

Top 50 Contributor
Dollard-desOrmeaux (Montreal suburb)
Male
If the image is Vector, then there is no background, so there is no problem there.

What you need is a transparent background when exporting an image to another app / adding to another image or over the net.

Bitmap and gif support transparent backgrounds (gif is best for sending over the net because, as you know, bitmaps can be pretty big in file size) .Jpg does not support transparant backgrounds. If the image is for your files then use "Convert to Bitmap" and make sure that the "Transparent Background" box is clicked. When exporting as a .gif, you select the background colour to be made transparent.

If you are working with an image that allready has a box around it, then click on "Edit Bitmap" (rt. click on the image and "Edit Bitmap" is at the top of the dropdoen window) to send it to PhotoPAINT and use the "Magic wand" mask tool to click on the white background (hold the Shift key down if you need to click on more than one area). This will mask off the background. Then use either use Copy ( or CtrlC) and then paste it in Draw, or just close the PhotoPAINT window. You will be prompted with the "Do you want to update the image in DRAW" window. Click yes. The image in Draw now has no box.

Ted

<the1sarge> wrote in message news:49069@coreldraw.com...

Hi, it's me again.  Now that I'm using x4 do you know of an easy method of saving and exporting an image without white box surrounding the image.  I have never learded how to do this, my experiece with corel is very limited.  I know just enough to get myself in trouble :)

http://community.coreldraw.com/forums/p/11967/49069.aspx#49069

Corel ROCKS !

Top 25 Contributor
Cave Creek, AZ
Male
Sarge,

No, my images don't have the white box. As I explained, you should be
getting more dialogs after the "convert to bitmap" dialog box. If you are
not, you need to toggle a checkbox in the Save As dialog.

Thank you for the info, I just tried your suggestion on a jpeg image and when I clicked on the white  background with the majic wand the image changed color and nothing happen to the white background when I saved the image.

Page 2 of 3 (35 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
© Corel Corporation. The content herein is in the form of a personal web log ("Blog") or forum posting. As such, the views expressed in this site are those of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Corel Corporation, or its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents. Terms and Conditions / User Guidelines.