I regularly design multi-page design drawings for sign manufacturing, and was operating normally in X3 on a Dell Dual Core up to yesterday, when suddenly app won't successfully publish to PDF. It just spins, or produces a file that has blank pages or some huge empty file that shows it to be over 150MB in size (normally my files are under 8 MB). I tried a complete uninstall/reinstall of program twice now, but only to have same results.
Anybody ever experience this kind of malfunction? Thanks in advance....
1) Did you try resetting the workspace (holding F8 when starting Corel)? Reinstalling does not necessarily wipe that out.
2) As an off-chance; see the last few posts of the thread below, where a user was getting empty PDFs:
3) Is this just one file, or all files? Can you create a brand new document and publish to PDF from that?
Thanks very much for responding...here's my answers in order
1) yes...tried F8 reset ...no luck
2) I don't see how I can change settings in Control Panel/Region and Language to decimal period from commas. I do think this may hold the answer by other comments I've read, but being in USA, I'm not seeing the desired choices. I am working in Win 7 with all latest updates installed.
3) It has been happening to every file since the problem originated yesterday, small or large.
I am not conversant with Win 7 myself. However, a quick search turned up this link:
Beyond that, I am afraid I am out of ideas.
Okay, I lied. One more idea; is your virus protection up to date?
Hello bjones; You could try going to MS and and down load the latest .Net for your Windows.
I'd been too busy to try the 2nd suggestion, but I've just adjusted settings in Control Panel and restarted computer
and it works!!
Thanks OB...and to everybody who replied today....y'all saved me!!