Convert from PDF to JPEG, GIF, and/or PNG

I have a document that is in PDF and I would like to select portions of it (the graphics mainly) and convert to JPG, GIF, and PNG.  What is the best way to do this? 

Presently I am converting the document to bitmap and then editting it by selecting the pieces I want and pasting them back into the workspace and then using "save bitmap as".

There must be another, more efficient way.  Isn't there?

Thanks,

Dan

[edited by: dingram at 6:00 (GMT -7) on Fri, Aug 24 2007]

10 Replies - Latest Reply

• This quesion should be at Adobe's forum 'cause PDF is the child of Adobe. Use Adobe Illustrator for effectively work with your PDF.
  • Why not open the PDF directly in draw, you can then do whatever Draws tools allow you to do and you can export it back to a PDF if you wish.

• In reply to Alfred:

I agree with Alfred. Even though pdf is an adobe product we are all forced to use this format some time or another. No need to use all adobe products when we have all the tools we need in the Corel suite to manage this task.

• In reply to Richard Reilly:

I have no trouble editing a pdf and re-publishing it.  But, the question is: what is the best way to convert part of a pdf (ie: a figure or map) to a jpg, gif, and/or png?

-Dan

How many program products released by other companies (not Adobe) that allow to convert other formats to PDF do you know? I don't know no one. Look here guys, Corel Suite X3 costs about 400$ at the time that Adobe CS3 costs about 1200$, even Adobe Acrobat Pro costs more than Corel X3. So, Adobe doesn't open PDF for free converting because it'll be big loss of money for it.
  • In reply to dingram:

I have no trouble editing a pdf and re-publishing it.  But, the question is: what is the best way to convert part of a pdf (ie: a figure or map) to a jpg, gif, and/or png?

Im still confused.  It sounds like you want to edit the contents of the pdf in the pdf and not have to bring into DRAW or PP. Is this correct? Any time I need to edit a pdf I import/open in DRAW and make my edits and then publish to pdf or print to pdf. If your wanting more direct pdf support you might think about getting acrobat professional.

No worries ... I have it figured out now.  Just to clarify, I first imported a PDF into CorelDRAW and then converted it to a bitmap.  I then used bitmap editor to select the figures I needed.  Then these figures were exported from DRAW and converted to whatever file type I required (PNG, GIF, JPG, etc).  Thus, creating individual files of each figure that I required.

-Dan

• In reply to Viking_xXx:

Viking_xXx
    How many program products released by other companies (not Adobe) that allow to convert other formats to PDF do you know? I don't know no one. Look here guys, Corel Suite X3 costs about 400$ at the time that Adobe CS3 costs about 1200$, even Adobe Acrobat Pro costs more than Corel X3. So, Adobe doesn't open PDF for free converting because it'll be big loss of money for it.

??? It's either you or me who is missing something, but I am almost 99.99% sure it is you! There is no problem with editing a PDF in DRAW and converting images or objects, try it some times when you can get away from ADOBE for a few minutes ;)
  • In reply to Alfred:

I have never had a problem with pdf's in Corel, it used to be that you had to open the pdf via the "open" command but now with x3 you can simply import it and do what you need to do using pp. It kinda sounds like you want to have jpeg files in with your pdf, if so just insert another page and put all your jpeg images on that page.

• You want to convert your PDF file in other format use this website http://pdf-to-jpg-convert.en.softonic.com