How to get a normal brush or spray function?

Hi,

Newbie with X3 trial version here. I've been digging through the Help section but couldn't find the answer. How do I get a normal brush or spray function? Now, when I release the mouse button, the lines turn into a fancy balloon image. I know that comes from the Brush Stroke List or the Spraylist File List, but how do I turn those functions off? 

Thanks in advance.

7 Replies - Latest Reply

• Frank,

When you use an image sprayer, it paints with artwork. On the Property Bar there are five different icons when you are using the Artistic Media Tool. Choose one of the other icons if you don't want to paint with pictures.

• In reply to FosterCoburn:

Hey Foster,

I would have to revert to Photoshop for that, but thanks for the response.

• In reply to FrankE:

Frank,

Why would you have to revert to Photoshop? The Artistic Media Tool is actually five tools. All I suggested was choosing one of the other tools on the Property Bar. I could be wrong, but I don't think Photoshop has vector brushes.

FosterCoburn
    I could be wrong, but I don't think Photoshop has vector brushes.

Correct, at least not that I know. But for now, I find the PS brushes - the regular brushes, as in just smearing some paint on something - much easier to work with than the brushes in CD. CD has some strong points over PS, but not this one.

• In reply to FrankE:

Frank,

You are comparing two radical different programs so of course they don't compare.

If your sole purpose is to compare something with Photoshop, you should be using Corel PHOTO-PAINT (comes with CorelDRAW).

CorelDRAW would compare to Adobe Illustrator if you want to compare vector editors.

Thanks Foster, will do. Like I said, although a senior code writer, I'm a newbie when it comes to graphics, so even those things I have to learn.

• In reply to FrankE:

When you're in Corel Draw there is a 'Edit Bitmap' button on the top tool bar. This button should open Corel Paint. There you will find some really simple but powerful tools in the toolbar on the left side of the screen.