error message--"failed to install iskernal files"

I was running corel draw 12 on windows xp and it worked beautifully--no problems whatsoever. I got a new machine with Vista (egad!) and it worked fine for about a week then I got this error message----"failed to install iskernal files", "fatal error during installation".

I'm not a complete dunce with computers but figuring this out on my own would never work so I hope one of you brilliant members can come to my rescue. Thanks in advance for any help!

Robert R.

•  Hi Robert,

A few things to check out...

1.) Is UAC turned off? Just do a local search for UAC and it will bring you to where you need to be to change the settings.

2.) You can right click on the executable on the installation disk (ie. setup.exe install.exe.....what ever it is) and click "Run as Administrator".

3) Your local user account should have Administrator rights. (which is not the same as "Run as Administrator")

Try those suggestions and get back to us if it still doesn't work . Hope that helps! 

• Thanks for your help sector 6! Your suggestions led me to the source of the problem. I'm good to go!

Best wishes

Robert R.