Can you determine if a bitmap shape was created via the duplicate command?

Is there command to determine if a given bitmap shape is a duplicate as opposed to an import, link, copy, or clone?

I'm working on a macro to scan CorelDRAW files for bitmaps which need to be downsampled to keep file size down.  It works fine, however there are certain cases involving duplicates in which downsampling is counter-productive.  A lot of what we do involves duplicating a bitmap and then adjusting its scaling, crop envelope, etc.  In these cases, downsampling can actually increase file size significantly because you lose the duplicate reference in the file and actually end up creating multiple new bitmaps.

I'm aware of the programming concepts of references vs. copies, so I can see what's going on and why, but I haven't seen a way to determine, for example, that these three bitmaps are all one reference, while these other two are unique, etc.

Is it possible with the current object model?

Note -- when these situations arise it's when we apply different, unique scaling and crop envelopes to the duplicates, so cloning won't work as an alternative.