AlignToPageCenter adn AlignAndDistribute do not work in X7 using Visual Studio

I am upgrading from CorelDraw X5 to X7.  I have an external program writen in Vb.Net and Visual Studio 2013. When I change the referance to use X7 form X5 and run the code below the box is created but the box.AlignToPageCenter does not work.
Nothing happens the box does not move.  I have tried  box.AlignAndDistribute but that throws an Access violation error.  I also need to align text to the center of the box but in X7 that does not work either

I understand that I could simply do something like         box = CorelApp.ActiveLayer.CreateRectangle2(0 + 0.045, CorelDoc.MasterPage.BottomY + 0.045, (CorelDoc.MasterPage.SizeWidth - 0) - 0.09, CorelDoc.MasterPage.SizeHeight - 0.09)
to place the red box centered on the page but this is a siplified example of what I am doing.  The issue is that AlignToPageCenter adn AlignAndDistribute do not work in X7.  What is the alternitive to this.  I have a sample VS project but I can not find a way to upload it so it can be downloaded at http://www.cwebtechnologies.com/files/CorelDrawTest.zip

Thanks
Paul

CorelApp.Windows.CloseAll()
        CorelApp.Application.Visible = True

CorelDoc = CorelApp.CreateDocument()

CorelDoc.Resolution = 1200

CorelDoc.Unit = CorelDRAW.cdrUnit.cdrInch
        CorelApp.ActiveWindow.ActiveView.SetViewPoint(1.0#, 0.5, 100)
        CorelDoc.MasterPage.SetSize(2.0#, 2.0#)
        CorelDoc.MasterPage.Orientation = CorelDRAW.cdrPageOrientation.cdrLandscape
        CorelDoc.MasterPage.PrintExportBackground = True
        CorelDoc.MasterPage.Bleed = 0.0#
        CorelDoc.MasterPage.Background = CorelDRAW.cdrPageBackground.cdrPageBackgroundNone

Dim boxColor As New CorelDRAW.Color
        boxColor.CMYKAssign(0, 100, 100, 0)

Dim box As CorelDRAW.Shape
        'box = CorelApp.ActiveLayer.CreateRectangle2(0 + 0.014, CorelDoc.MasterPage.TopY, (CorelDoc.MasterPage.SizeWidth - 0) - 0.09, CorelDoc.MasterPage.SizeHeight - 0.09)
        box = CorelApp.ActiveLayer.CreateRectangle2(0 + 0.014, CorelDoc.MasterPage.CenterX, (CorelDoc.MasterPage.SizeWidth - 0) - 0.09, CorelDoc.MasterPage.SizeHeight - 0.09)
        box.Outline.SetProperties(Color:=boxColor)
        box.Name = "Box"
        box.Fill.ApplyNoFill()
        box.Outline.Width = 0.014 * 1

'box.AlignToPageCenter(CorelDRAW.cdrAlignType.cdrAlignVCenter, CorelDRAW.cdrTextAlignOrigin.cdrTextAlignBoundingBox)

box.AlignAndDistribute(VGCore.cdrAlignDistributeH.cdrAlignDistributeHDistributeCenter, VGCore.cdrAlignDistributeV.cdrAlignDistributeVDistributeCenter, VGCore.cdrAlignShapesTo.cdrAlignShapesToCenterOfPage)