VSTA not working in 2018

Been struggling for weeks to get VSTA working with CoreDRAW2018.  As instructions detail,  I have Visual Studio 2017 installed, after which I installed VSTA2017, I've tried modifying the CorelDRAW installation with no success.   If it gives you a tip,  the modification shows both VB and VSTA checked but the VSTA is greyed out.

Double clicking on the default macro1 shows the "blank" window but  selection Edit from the rt click menu does nothing.

Tools>Macros>VSTA Editor... shows error box "Failed to load VSTA";  click OK in that error box gives another error box  giving detailed order of installation which I've tried several times.

I've used VBA in CorelDRAW since v.10 and would love use some of the new features in VS2017.

Any help appreciated.

• Hello,
    I have issues with CorelDRAW X8 - Application and Document event macros of VBA not work. 

I wasted a lot of time looking for a solution but never found it.
    Here is a short list of the actions I took: 
    Reinstalling the same computer, installing on 2-3 other computers
    with different Windows operating systems - Windows 7, 8, 10, 11.
    I looked for help from support - it didn't help.
    My advice is to change the version of CorelDRAW to something tried and tested. 
    I installed CorelDRAW X5 and have no problems. Only VSTA has some difficulties,
    but otherwise VBA works great. I hear that CorelDRAW X7 is a stable and tested version.
    Buying an older version of CorelDRAW is a problem, and buying the latest one can bring surprises.

Greetings!