Getting "blackout" areas in CD 2018 when scrolling or zooming

I have come upon an odd anomaly when using CorelDRAW 2018. After I've been working in CD for a bit, whenever I scroll using the scroll bars on the right or bottom, or if I use the mouse wheel to zoom in or out,  these large black areas start appearing that only go across the work area. It's kind of like the screen refresh cannot keep up with the scrolling, is the best way I can describe it. I'm not doing anything unusual, although when trying to recreate the issue it happens more if I scroll fast or if I zoom in/out with the mouse wheel. This does not happen in version 2017, X7, or X6 (yes, I did check). It only happens in CD 2018.

I actually got a screen recording of these blackouts, which I'll upload here shortly. Any known issues related to this?? Has anyone else seen these blackouts??

Okay...I finally figured how to add a video to this forum -- been awhile since I've uploaded a video -- the forum has changed! Anyway, you should be able to see the blackout anomaly even in this short movie. I did exaggerate the scrolling so you can see it happen more than once in 23 seconds!

Patti

Using 32-bit versions of CDGSX7 - CGDS2018
Windows 7 Pro 64 bit / Intel Core i7 CPU Q 720 / 4.00 GB / NVIDIA GeForce GT 320M

• Patti, I've not had black outs exactly like yours, but I can do one better! I can make your graphics completely disappear Houdini style in 2018! Want to try it for fun? I have a temporary workaround to make them come back though. 

Does your mouse wheel have a tilt scroll wheel (tilts to left or right)? If yes, use it to pan around left or right on your drawing page and then stop and immediately zoom in and out with your scroll wheel again. POOF, vanished! Check Outline view mode, check Enhanced view mode...uh oh!

The workaround is to click on the mini-navigator icon (where the two on-screen scroll bars meet) there is a small magnifying glass with a crosshairs icon, click on it and pan for a quick second (basically all you have to do is click on the icon to reset the behavior) and then immediately zoom in and out with the scroll wheel again. PRESTO, your graphics are back!

For the record both my systems are AMD CPU powered machines with integrated GPU's for graphics rendering. I am running Windows 7 on each. Not sure if any of that makes a bit of difference or not but just saying that for the record. One's a laptop and one's a desktop...makes no difference, I can reproduce this Houdini Bug on both. I think your bug has something similar to mine going on too. There's problems with 2018 graphics rendering.

Oh and turning on or off  "use the GPU for vector previews" in the Coreldraw program options under Global settings doesn't make any difference in this case.

Here are some more redraw problem examples that demonstrate stuttering redraw/refresh states.

• Can anyone from Corel speak on this? It's still happening and the longer I have CorelDRAW 2018 open, the more black-outs happen. And sometimes the graphics disappear as well. I'm going back to using version 2017 until this gets resolved. See my computer specs below.

Patti

Using 32-bit versions of CDGSX7 - CGDS2018
    Windows 7 Pro 64 bit / Intel Core i7 CPU Q 720 / 4.00 GB / NVIDIA GeForce GT 320M

• I wonder if it could be a graphics card update issue? I had a similar problem with other programs and a GPU update cured it until another Windows update screwed it back up again, then it resolved with another GPU update.