Using Outline but getting an auto fill

The outline width was set at .5.  I changed that to Hairline.  Now I see that inside the outline it is not empty but filled with the RGB color white.

The outline is my cut line for my laser.

How do I set the default for this to no color or transparent?

Mike

Mike@allamericanengraving.com

• Without anything select left click on the "X" in the color palette. You'll get a pop up with graphic checked leave it at that and hit ok. Then go tools/save settings as default

• Myron has suggested one path to get you there.

It can be useful to know that this is a Style thing, and that what you are doing here is:

1. Setting the Style to be used by default for new Graphic objects in the current document.
    2. Setting that to also be the default for new Graphic objects in new documents.

So, another way to do this would be through the Object Styles docker.

1. Expand Default Object Properties.
    2. Select "Graphic".
    3. See that this has three Styles: Outline, Fill, and Transparency.
    4. Set the Fill Style to be "no fill".

At this point, you have changed the default for new Graphic objects in the current document. To make that the default for new Graphic objects in new documents:

5. Right-click on "Graphic", then click on "Set as New Document Default".

That may look more complicated, but it's useful to understand, and it makes it easier to see exactly what all of the default properties are for a variety of different types of objects in CorelDRAW.

Since they are Styles, those Default Object Properties can also be exported / imported. That's an easy way to get those properties the way you want them to be in an existing document.