Freehand Tool not working right

I'm facing a strange problem with the Freehand Tool that I never had in X6.

I draw a vertical or horizontal line with a random length. Then I want to adjust the length by typing the desired value in the box for the object size and hit Enter. If this value is bigger than the current length of my line, then it works and the line gets longer. But if it's smaller, it doesn't work. The line stays at the length it is and the value just changes back to this size.

For instance: a vertical line I made is 73,305 mm. I type "40" into the object size box and hit Enter. Nothing happens, the value jumps back to 73,305 mm.

However, if the difference between the current value and the one that I type isn't too big, it does work. Like when I type "60", the line will adjust.

I can work around this by making the basic line shorter than what I want and then increase the length, but that's not quite practical and I think something must be wrong here.

Interesting also: It only happens when the line I draw is vertical or horizontal. If I twist it just a tiny bit, then the size change works properly.