Redownload reinstall

I had to reinstall Windows. GRRR

where to I access my copy of CGS 2018?

Parents Reply
  • I've been doing this since before the beginning of the digital technology.  In my experience 98% of CMYK images require color editing after conversion. What that means is that those using late binding 98% of the time could have done better.

That's called checking an accurate proof. CMYK or RGB you can still make an adjustment to an image.

If it is something super fussy that CMYK is not the answer. Better to use other methods like print more colors, one of the hi-fi color press ink systems, Hexachrome or similar. Most clients won't pay for it but that is the solution.

I have a mate here that used to adjust the PH of the color dev on his E6 line to get better colors for his client, Caroma toilets and bath fittings. I don't know what they thought they were going to achieve, the problem wasn't the E6 standard but the CMYK limitations. It got a big "yeah right" from me.

What I've done that was very successful was change the color of the CMYK set, usually yellow to a warmer color. Eliminating that piss yellow color. Not everything is about being accurate, somethings are about getting a nice look. I used that on a photo of Saturn that was an A1 poster, it was beautiful result.

It's a cheap fix to an intractable problem by other means.

Children