Snap To Objects not working since Win 10 install

I just did a Win 10 Pro upgrade (from Win 7 Pro) and everything appears to have gone smoothly.

However, when working in Coreldraw, I noticed that objects and nodes are not self locating and "snapping" together.
I rely on this feature
I believe this is the "snap to object" feature...and I have checked within Options/Customizations, that this feature is on, active, all things selected.

The quick turn on/off command from within the program is Alt+Z...which does not fix it.
Alt+Z also appears to be a Win 10 command...I get screen record/stream options appear on the screen when I press it.

So, has Win10 killed the snap to feature? is it related to the Alt+Z command? or what is going on?

Parents
  •  hmmm...just discovered something.

I still don't have an explanation for why snap-to is turning itself off, or malfunctioning, but...

there is a command key on the toolbar that turns off/on the snap-to function.
    when you click it, it changes the look, and the snap-to modes list appears/disappears.

I was under the impression that Alt-Z was the default command key for turning snap-to ON.
    But alt-Z is also a hot key for Radeon Graphics operations.

So I wondered if I changed the alt_z command, would it function (assuming there was a conflict with Radeon)?

But I find that only alt-Q is set as a default command shortcut to turn OFF the snap-to feature.
    There is no command for turn ON.

But alt-Q works both...at least it does on my system...and it actually does turn on the snap-to feature.

It seems to ignore whatever command appears on the toolbar, or whether it appears to be turned on or off.
    It just works...I pressed alt+Q and snap-to turned on and is functioning again!

I still don't know why it turned off by itself (after the last time I used it), but it appears I may have found a way to turn it back on!

I have worked in various incarnations of Corel for about 25 years now...and have always used this feature...and never had a problem like this.
    And never had this problem with Corel 2018 in three years, until now...so something has changed or caused a problem.
    And the only real event that has occurred is the upgrade to Win 10.
    So maybe Corel 2018 is not completely compatible with Win10?...those of you not experiencing a problem will argue, I know.

• those of you not experiencing a problem will argue, I know

Not everyone is like that. At least some of us who are not experiencing a specific problem understand that someone else might in fact be experiencing that problem!

Over the course of many years using CorelDRAW, I have seen really weird stuff myself on one or two occasions.

Children