CorelDraw 2018 crashes at "Initializing User Interface" message on splash screen

This is also happening across all the products in the Graphic Suite - Photopaint, Font Manager, 

That's kind of it, but here are the solutions I have tried

F8 on startup

"Repair" using Windows apps in settings

Renaming the database folder (a new one is never created - it looks like nothing ever gets that far)

Is there a place to check for "user interface" problems? Is there some kind of error log somewhere in the Corel process that I can take a look at?

This was working fine, and then it wasn't, and I can't track down any associated Windows updates that happened along the way, but I am still looking into that.

Is there a "default" document that it tries to refer to that might be causing this? (I know that can happen in the WordPerfect Suite, and it's been the bane of users there forever)

Thanks for any help!

Parents
No Data
  • Nothing will work unless you are some way able to put it on an old computer that hasn't updated windows in awhile (unsure how long). Corel ONLY SUPPORTS THEIR PRODUCTS FOR THREE YEARS. I just called about my CorelDraw 2017 having this exact issue and the only thing they told me to do is "Go buy another version, we don't support anything before 2020 anymore". I thought Corel was better because they didn't go to the subscription model of business Adobe did and once you bought a program it was yours. Now through PLANNED OBSOLESCENCE nothing older than 3 years is supported will just stop working. Corel used to be the cheaper version of the Adobe Suite. My entire suite I bought just stops working one day. I went through forums, deleting and modifying things in the registry. Nothing will work unless you find an old computer that hasn't updated in a long time. Otherwise it will kill the entire Corel Suite. (I just spent most of a day trying to figure this out). MAYBE just MAYBE don't waste my time and just be upfront. WE DON'T SUPPORT OUR PRODUCTS IF THEY'RE OLDER THAN THREE YEARS AND KILL THEM ON PURPOSE. Nice big bold red letters next to the purchase button.

Children
No Data