In Design alternative

Are there any "corel" plans to release a "professional page layout" program, something like Adobe INDD?

Parents Reply
  • Corel would ruin the desktop division of Quark (i.e. QuarkXPress).

Why would something like this happen? The mistake would be to try to merge CorelDRAW + Quark into a kind of CorelXPress or QuarkDRAW to make a mega-program that does it all. That would be terrible. But offering both programs together, but maintaining their independence, would not be a bad idea.

Over the years, Corel has bought many programs and successfully incorporated them. PhotoPaint was acquired from ZSoft, Painter from Metacreations, Videostudio from ULead, PaintShopPro from Jasc, etc. I don't understand why it would be different if they bought Quark or another. In addition to being pessimistic, that prediction is unfounded. When Ventura joined the CorelDRAW suite (in version 5.0), they did not ruin Ventura, on the contrary, they added the Corel interface and improved it. So good it turned out, that even today you can use CorelVentura if you want, despite the different versions of Windows

The same could be said of MicrografxDesigner, a very similar competitor, that many people thought Corel intended to eliminate. Quite the contrary, it incorporated and improved, it is still an independent program. Therefore, I see no reason to think that Corel did something different with Quark or with another program.

Children