vector effect blurring

Hi 

long time Coreldraw user, slightly dismayed by the 2019 release...

In previous versions I could use the effects/transform/invert colour option on a vector object to quickly generate required objects. Now when I use this option in 2019, the object gets transformed and the edges are blurred as though it is converted to a bitmap. After this I can no longer change its colour etc. the final outputs are blurred too. I need to retain the vector objects

how do I get it to work as older versions? 

CJ

Parents Reply
  • The group of objects converts itself automatically to a screen resolution fake bitmap then nothing but effects can be applied to it. It also cannot be ungrouped!!! It's, in a way, condemmed to be grouped!! LOL The only way to ungroup it is to remove all applied effects in it's history of effects in the appropriate docker, then you turn it back to its original state

Isn't that just the way that the new "non-destructive effects" in 2019 work?

When such an effect is applied, the object becomes a "control object", and that limits the types of editing that can be performed on it (e.g., cannot ungroup a group). The original vector objects are still "in there", and some types of editing can still be performed (e.g., can still change fill and outline properties of the group of shapes).

Children
No Data