Import image downsampling resolution to 300dpi | Need original image resolution

I am trying to import high resolution images for a large scale project. Every time I import the images, Corel downsamples them to 300px. How do I work around this?

The import tool for import for high resolution output is greyed out. I don't remember this being a problem in the past (I've been using Corel since 1990).

I can't find any help on Google and am not sure what changed. It's been a while since I've needed large scale images. What changed?

Parents
No Data
  • I need to retain a minimum of 150 dpi for an 8' wide format design. I used to do a lot of wide format jobs, but it's been a couple of Corel versions ago since I did. I don't know how I can get a stock image for the background that will meet the criteria. I never had a problem before. Any suggestions if Corel isn't downsampling quality? 

I wil try to clarify.

An image is like a chess board, composed of a series of small squares called pixels. If a chess board were an image, it would have 8 pixels on each side. We would call it "a monochrome 8x8 pixel bitmap". If you enlarge or reduce the board, it will always be 8x8., Whether 10 mm or 10 meters. Naturally, enlarging each square is more visible, because there are fewer pixels per inch, so it has less resolution

In CorelDRAW (as in other programs) the same thing happens. When you enlarge or reduce the image, you always have the same amount of pixels ... unless you choose "resampling" in the Bitmap menu.

If you have an image of 300 di and enlarge it twice (200%), it will be 150 dpi. If you enlarge it to 300% it will be 100 dpi, and so on.

Fortunately, high-resolution images are not required for large format printing. The 300 dpi figure refers to printing companies, for example, a business card or a brochure. The bigger size, the less solution. When you have the final size image, you can choose "resample" or "convert to bitmap" at the resolution you need.

Children