Outlines on text

I've recently upgraded to Corel Draw Graphics Suite 2019 and I have a question re outlines on text. I want to put an outline around some text, but I want the outline behind the text fill. When I pull up the "properties" of the text, there are 2 boxes that can be checked . . . one of them says "overprint outline" and the other says "overprint fill," but when I check them, nothing happens.

I've used Corel Draw Version 8 for many years, and doing this was a very simple process. Can anyone tell me how to do this in Corel Draw 2019??

Parents
No Data
  • one of them says "overprint outline" and the other says "overprint fill," but when I check them, nothing happens.

These two affect how colors are printed, either on top of each other (on) or “knocked out” (off).

With digital printers there is normally no need for overprinting unless you are creating specific color effects.
    In offset printing and other techniques where colors are printed one at a time, overprinting is often used to reduce color misalignment.

IMO, overprint can/should be left unchecked at all time unless you have a specific need for it.
    The result with Overprint on or off can be previewed in Draw (View > Simulate Overprints).

Children