Whats the best way to go about making something like this?

So I'm mostly interested in knowing how to make that repeating geometric pattern in a circle like that. I could easily make it straight but to curve and link up seamlessly like that seems near impossible to me.

What tools or tricks could accomplish something like this?

• My first thought would be to use an approach similar in many ways to what Ronny described, i.e., creating the "repeating unit" by geometric construction.

When I did this as an exercise, I created an object to serve as the center point for snapping. Then, I drew some circular ellipses, and then some straight lines that all intersect the center point, with one of them rotated 20° from another one to get the "angular limits" for the repeating unit. Then, a bunch of Virtual Segment Delete to leave behind just the pieces I needed.

I used Join Curves to get a single curve shape as the repeating unit, then used rotate with duplicates to create the entire set. Then, Join Curves again to get the whole thing as a single curve shape.

HOWEVER, I will point out here that one can do some pretty crazy things with Polygons in CorelDRAW. It would be easy to think that it's just for creating "regular polygons" with straight sides, but it's possible to do much, much more with polygons by editing the "repeating unit" using regular curve editing tools (adding nodes, moving/nudging nodes, dragging segments, converting line segments to curve segments with all of the normal editability of such segments, etc.).

It's totally possible to create something like what you show using a polygon; not as easy if you want the geometry to have absolutely "perfect" circular arcs and/or "perfect" would-intersect-the-center radial lines. Drawing on top of a piece of reference artwork, though, it might be straightforward to get something that is visually just fine.

• notextCorelDRAW "brushes"can be useful, since when you make them, you can save them and apply to various shapes later..

They are under the category of artistic media. More insight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1RbX8LFZy0