Gradient problem

Hi all! I’m having a problem with the gradient fill in draw. If I do a horizontal gradient every thing is fine. It looks fine on the screen, it prints fine and it subs fine. If I do a vertical gradient it has lines across it. It prints that way and it subs that way. I’ve tried changing settings but I can’t get it to stop. Btw...this has been this way in previous versions of Corel draw as well. 

Parents Reply
  • But I don't trust the application for creating PDF and EPS files to send to Onyx Thrive or RasterLink Pro

I have left the Steps checkbox unchecked since I had the dark-brown-fountain-fill-disaster more than ten years ago, and I can not say that I have noticed any banding whatsoever, neither from RasterLink (used it for many years and until recently) nor Onyx (current RIP). I always go via PDF.

My guess is that no matter how screwed up the fill settings may be in the last versions, as long as we send to a postscript printer, the outcome will be as expected.
    I.e. a fill going from color A to B will be rendered with as many steps as the printer can handle.

Children