Rotate 90˚ Button??

Is there a button we can add to the toolbars up top to rotate an object 90˚ with each press? I thought there was but I can't find it now. Failing that, is there a macro someone has to add this feature? What about rigging a short-cut key to the button or macro? That would be perfect. I don't know how to write macros, and to me, it's all Greek. 

Parents
No Data
  • The reason behind my request is that I like the idea of a one or two-button set-up wherein, one could be set to rotate in each direction in those increments. I would need more buttons than that. I just work in such a way that 90˚ rotations are very commonly done. Two clicks. Highlight the object, click the button in either direction. Done. For me, it's a short cut only because I'm used to using that function on an engraving program as well, and it became a comfortable habit. 

I'm still trying to figure out how to run macros as coding--even simple stuff--is a bit beyond my technical skill, but I enjoy this program so much that I don't mind. So thank you, Mek. I'll be trying to run it this weekend when I have time off and we'll see how it goes. Sorry it took so long to get back to you. 

Is there a way to program shortcut keys to rotate 90˚? That would be another option I think would be helpful in lieu of a macro.

Children