aspect ration of files change on export?

Wow...just to show you NEVER stop learning and growing lol, I stumbled upon an issue I've NEVER had before.

I created a file in corel draw dimensions of 11"x11" square...everything looks good, client approved layout and now I need to send various file formats of that file...looks fine when published to pdf...however I cannot for the life of me figure out why when exporting to either PNG or JPG, my aspect ratio keeps changing and when I open the exported file it is now rectangular (portrait image).  this happens when file is viewed in windows default viewer as well as if I try to upload the PNG file for example to social media, it will not accept it saying it does not accept portrait style layouts....it is clearly NOT square anymore because image info now shows it as being 1733x2588.  however, what makes it MORE strange is that if not mistaken, I believe if I import the png or jpg back into corel draw it is now back to being square aspect ratio.  ummm...What am I doing wrong or what did I accidentally click and change in settings or something that is causing this.  I've used coreldraw since version 5 and NEVER had this problem before :(