This is odd: Image refuses to crop, and spawns artifact

This is something simple that I routinely do, and I've been using Corel for almost 4 decades. 

I've imported a b&w newspaper page (from a PDF).  When I attempt to crop out a section of that page, the page itself disappears (but nothing else visible in Corel is affected).  And also, a blank image is then spawned that is size of the one I was trying to crop, and that image artifact is several inches away from where the cropped image should have appeared. 

Another such image on a different page in the same file crops fine, as would be expected.

The same thing happens in Mac Corel 2020, and in Win Corel 2023 (in an emulator).  So there is something about that low rez B&W newspaper page image that is causing this, which does not make sense.

Any suggestions?

Parents
  • I bypassed the problem by exporting the image directly from the PDF and then importing that image into Corel (rather than importing the PDF into Corel).  However, doing it that way results in an image that I cannot ungroup, to be able to eliminate a few superimposed graphical effects.

Reply Children
No Data