Corel upgrade offers to Adobe customers

Presently own a perpetual license for Adobe Creative Suite 6 Master Collection.  Will not be subscribing to Adobe Creative Cloud.  Looking for links to what Corel might offer.

Thanks.

Parents
No Data
  • Hi Kwan,
          Yes.  Corel does not have the computer muscle that Adobe has.
          You have to live with that if you want to use PhotoPaint and/or DRAW.
          I own and have used
    PhotoShop 7 and PhotoShop CS5.  I have used PhotoPaint from version 5 to version X6.  I used DRAW at work before retiring.
          I find CS5 to be unusable.  My fingers and brain can not learn keyboard shortcuts.  My eyes can not read the tiny gray on gray top menu in Photoshop.  I find the gray interface to be dismal.in PhotoShop.
          In PhotoPaint, I have created my own set of tool bars.  I have seven such tool bars.  They contain a total of 65 icons (aka buttons) for all the tools that I ever use.  The icons are all home made in bright saturated colors.  My hand rarely leaves the mouse.
          There are also two tools which I constantly use which I find to be better in PhotoPaint.  The Curves dialog is slightly larger in  PhotoPaint.  It has a “linear” mode which creates straight line segments between nodes.  The Curves do not bulge out where I am not looking.  The histogram in the Curves dialog in PhotoPaint moves as I move a node on a Curve.  In PhotoShop I have to let go of the mouse so the histogram can jump to a new position.
         I also use Color Range (Color Mask in PhotoPaint) quite a bit.  PhotoShop’s version is a nuisance.  You pick one color at a time.  In PhotoPaint, you get a dialog in which you can pick and see as many colors as you want and set a tolerance for each.
         The only tool missing in PhotoPaint is PhotoShop’s Liquify tool.  Oh well.  I can live without it.
    Phil
    PS:  I also found PhotoShop’s hype about Smart Objects and Smart Filters to be a marketing hoax.  They’re just a duplicate layer with the eye closed on the original layer.

Children