Using Dimension tool in x6 vs x4

Hello,

In X4 and all earlier versions I always clicked and released on start point then moved to finish point and click/released again.

In X6 I have to click and hold start point then move to finish point and release.

Does anybody know of any why I can get X6 to do the click/release system?

I still use X4 on my old laptop (too old to load X6) and the amount of time I spend having to redo dimensions because I have 2 different systems in my head is mind blowing.

I've had this problem ever since I started using X6 ages ago and I still can't get used to it because every time I swap computers I have the last computers system in my brain!

Thanks

Chris 

• Much easier to use the QuickDimensions macro. You don't have to draw them in unless you need angled ones. I assigned keystroke d as my shortcut. Select a shape and hit d. Dimensions are drawn in.

• Thanks Myron, I'll give it a try. Never used macros before so it will be a good learning curve for me.   Cheers

• It sounds like you're experiencing frustration with the change in behavior between different versions of the software, particularly with regards to how you interact with it to create dimensions. Adapting to new software behaviors can indeed be challenging, especially when you've become accustomed to a certain workflow over time.

One approach you might consider is exploring the customization options within X6, if available, to see if there's a way to revert to the click/release system that you're more comfortable with. Many software programs offer some degree of customization to tailor the user experience to individual preferences.

Alternatively, you could try practicing with X6 more consistently to retrain your muscle memory and adapt to the new click and hold system. It may take some time and patience, but with practice, you might find that you become more comfortable with the new method.

Another option could be to create a cheat sheet or quick reference guide for yourself that - outlines the differences between the two systems. Having a visual reminder of the steps for each version could help mitigate confusion when switching between computers.

Additionally, if you haven't already, you might consider reaching out to the software's support resources or user community to see if others have encountered similar challenges and if there are any recommended solutions or workarounds.

Ultimately, finding a solution that works best for you may involve a combination of customization, practice, and seeking assistance from resources available for the software. Remember to be patient with yourself as you navigate these changes, and don't hesitate to seek help if needed.

• It seems like you're grappling with a frustrating transition between different versions of the software, particularly regarding the method for creating dimensions. The change in behavior from click/release to click and hold can indeed be disorienting, especially when you're accustomed to one method and have to switch between multiple systems.

One potential solution could be to investigate whether X6 offers any customization options that would allow you to revert to the click/release system you're more comfortable with. Many software programs provide users with the flexibility to adjust settings to better suit their individual preferences and workflows.

Alternatively, if customization isn't an option or if you prefer to stick with the default settings, dedicating some time to practice and familiarize yourself with the new method might help alleviate the frustration. Set - aside some time to work exclusively with X6, consciously focusing on using the click and hold technique until it becomes more intuitive.

Creating a cheat sheet or quick reference guide comparing the steps for creating dimensions in X4 versus X6 could also be beneficial. Having a visual aid to remind yourself of the differences between the two systems may help reduce the mental strain of switching between them.

Additionally, reaching out to the software's support resources or user community could provide valuable insights and assistance. You may find that others have encountered similar challenges and can offer tips or workarounds to help streamline your workflow.

Ultimately, adapting to changes in software behavior can take time and patience. Be kind to yourself as you navigate this transition, and remember that with practice and persistence, you'll likely become more comfortable with the new system over time.