Annoying bug when working with curvers!

Hey, okay, I was working all my life with x3 now started to work with x8, and I found out strange curves bending:

https://i.gyazo.com/5068ecf0960166e5d0458369d562ab5d.mp4

So working with circle shape is tragedy for me, to avoid this crap I should add additional nodes, or correct those bending by hand, so such a things taking a lot of time...

Any solutions?

Parents Reply
  • Suku, if the nodes are "smooth", this is how it was designed. What  want is Cusp nodes. 

Regardless of what type of nodes the object is comprised of, I would expect the shape to be retained as is. It definitely is a bug.

According with your point of view, the "elastic mode" should be also a bug. But not, it was a feature introduced several years ago. Maybe you don't like it but it's not a bug since it was designed deliberated as is. And if you choose "cusp" nodes, it works fine.

if you use "Cusp" nodes, there's no problem when move. The only problem is that your'e using "smooth" nodes. A simple explanation, and a simple solution. See the attached image. using cusp nodes there's not any problem at all.

So, the question is... why nodes are "smooth" instead "cusp"? because the original shape was a circle.  try with rectangles, stars or any other shape with straight lines, and there's no such problems, because straight lines use cusp nodes. 

Maybe default nodes after should change to "cusp" always. Maybe you don't like. But this is a feature request, not a bug. 

Children