Annoying bug when working with curvers!

Hey, okay, I was working all my life with x3 now started to work with x8, and I found out strange curves bending:

https://i.gyazo.com/5068ecf0960166e5d0458369d562ab5d.mp4

So working with circle shape is tragedy for me, to avoid this crap I should add additional nodes, or correct those bending by hand, so such a things taking a lot of time...

Any solutions?

Parents Reply
  • This is not a feature request. This is a bug. Period.

I agree with Suku. I think that this is a bug, plain and simple - and a serious one.

Looking at it, it appears to me that the problem is not cusp vs. smooth, but the fact that some of the smooth nodes are reported as symmetrical - even though they are obviously not symmetrical.

Here's a screenshot of a curve that was created starting with a simple Rectangle and Ellipse, then using Boundary.

Note that the selected node is obviously not symmetrical, but reports as being symmetrical. If any editing is done to that node, even trying to drag a control point a tiny bit, then POW - it assumes a symmetrical shape, and the circular profile around that node goes all wonky.

It that selected node and its "sister node" on the opposite side are selected and converted to Smooth nodes, then the geometry responds as it should when nodes are selected and dragged - no wonkiness.

An obviously non-symmetrical node is tagged as a symmetrical node, so that geometry goes wonky when any editing is performed? Bug, plain and simple.

Creation and manipulation of Curve shapes is the foundation of a lot of the tasks that CorelDRAW is used for. That part of the program should be ROCK SOLID.

Children