Fonts - Newbie - Help Required

Hi

As a complete novice in Corel and all its associated packages, I'm a little confused as to the limited amount of fonts that were supplied.  In the book that came with it is a myriad of fonts, but none of them are listed in my font library and with no instructions as to where or how I get them. 

Should I have them all, or is there somewhere I can download them for free (legally)?  Also, can anyone give me any starting points on logo design (i.e. what I should save the file as and what size canvas I should start off with)?  I'm hoping to go and spend some time sitting with someone who regularly uses the package shortly, but I'd be grateful for any help in the meantime.

Thanks in advance! 

Karen

Big Smile

Parents
No Data
  • V6 Benny said:

Hi

As a complete novice in Corel and all its associated packages, I'm a little confused as to the limited amount of fonts that were supplied.  In the book that came with it is a myriad of fonts, but none of them are listed in my font library and with no instructions as to where or how I get them. 

Should I have them all, or is there somewhere I can download them for free (legally)?  Also, can anyone give me any starting points on logo design (i.e. what I should save the file as and what size canvas I should start off with)?  I'm hoping to go and spend some time sitting with someone who regularly uses the package shortly, but I'd be grateful for any help in the meantime.

Thanks in advance! 

Karen

Big Smile

Your fonts are on your DVD. What I would suggest, and many user of CGS do something similar, is to copy all of the fonts to a directory on your Hard Drive, but not into the Windows\Fonts directory. Then use the Bitstream Font Navigator, that came as part of the CGS software, to scan for all your fonts.

Then when you need to use a font that is not "installed" into Windows, but is on your hard drive, you can use the BFN to install/remove the font from being active.

If you install all the fonts as active, by copying them into your Windows/Fonts directory, you will have too many fonts installed, that will take a lot of Windows resources away from the system, and make your system crawl when trying to work, not only with Corel Graphics, but with many other applications (such as Office, etc.)

For more information on the Font Navigator, look in your Start Menu, under the Corel Grpahics Suite, and fire it up, then click on the Help menu item and read the help manual.

Hugh

Children