Fountain Fills Changing when placed in Symbol

Does anyone know why fountain fills change, either in colour or direction, when they are placed in a symbol? When I am inside the symbol, all the fountain fills are perfect, but when I am outside of the symbol, the fountain fills are incorrect.  The fountain fill also fails to rotate when the symbol is rotated, making the fountin fill reversed and incorrect.

Hoping someone knows a solution to this, thanks!

Parents
No Data
  • I know exactly what you are talking about, I get it on a daily basis.

Fountain fills in symbols have always been a bit of a problem, but when X6 came out it seemed all under control.

Something has happened to X6 recently (maybe since X7 came out) and now fountain fills are messing up in a few different things.  For instance, trying to use RMB-hold to copy a fountain fill to a new object just doesn't work properly if you have flipped the object (it turns it 180)

But, the real thing you want to know is how to get those gradients to work that have been done in a previous version of CD or in some other software.

The answer - Put the art into a POWERCLIP within the symbol.  Hey presto, all gradients now show correctly.  Or you can change it to a bitmap.

P.S. Send me a PM where you are working on the Gold Coast?

Children
No Data