I cannot get the Insert Barcode to work with crashing in Draw X4

I have a time restraint and needed to create a bar code. If I try to insert barcode under edit - it will initalize and then give me the error: "Corel BAR CODE Wizard has stopped working... A Problem caused the program to stop working correctly, Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." It has not notified me of anything and I have tried to get this to work countless times today. Is this a BIG bug in Draw X4?

I am running Windows Vista Home Premium 

Parents
No Data
  • Hi Jenerate,

You've found a bug we hadn't noticed Embarrassed.  For the time being I here's a workaround for the bug:

Open up barcode.ini found in "c:\Documents and settings\<your user name>\Application Data\Corel\CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X4\User Config" and set

Main Input=

(note, there's nothing behind the equal sign).  After doing so, save the file, then make it read only, this will prevent the crash from occuring again, but will also make it not remember your last setting.  The directory may be hidden on some computers, so you may have to show hidden directories in your "folder options" of explorer.

Regards,
    Hendrik

Children