How do I get my CorelDraw Graphics Suite X4 to install on Windows 10?

How do I get my CorelDraw Graphics Suite X4- Education Edition -  to install on Windows 10?  The DVD just stops after clicking install...then clicking yes on the popup regarding.... allowing this program to make changes to this computer.  Then it does nothing.  If I click on the other sections of the DVD that do not require the program to be installed...they all open.  I do not see any fixes on Corel's website to allow me to put this on my computer.

Parents
No Data
  • jegpjop: I am not yet running X7 or X6 — let alone X4 — on 10, so this is a theoretical suggestion.

Since you have 10, maybe your hardware also supports USB 3.0. If so, and if you have one, copy your X4 installation disk to a newly formatted flash drive. You can default to a USB 2.0 flash drive.

First: cover your ass and at a minimum create a Restore Point prior to your installation attempt. Better, run 'SFC /Scannow'  in an elevated command prompt, following which image the system with your preferred backup software.

Next preliminary: Add NetFramework 3 /3.5 to Windows 10 and force the relevant updates prior to continuing. You can look up this operation, which is a little time consuming but otherwise painless.

That done, in 'Folder Options' unhide protected operating system files just for this operation. If you like, use Taskbar to display side-by-side windows of File Explorer view of the X4 installation disk and the empty flash drive. Drag-copy the entire contents of the former to the latter.

Before attempting the installation, right-click Setup. exe on the flash drive and set its Compatibility Mode to Windows 7 and confirm that it runs as an Administrator. You can also re-hide protected operating system files now.

If things go awry, be prepared to revert to your Restore Point or, in the extreme, to restore the entire system from the image you made. This means you have 'validated' the image from your software's rescue media to confirm that the whole system functions and that you are familiar with it. Sounds like a lot of work, but actually these procedures are essential to maintaining and insuring your Windows system.

This procedure may, or may not work to get X4 installed on 10, but it is the sensible way to prepare.

Good luck!

Children