working with icc profiles in X4; how to change colorsettings?

I work as a graphics designer in the Netherlands.

When creating a full color ad for a newspaper I use the Ghent recommended icc profile ISONewspapers to convert RGB pictures to CMYK in Photoshop (works better for me than Paint). I then import them in CDR X4, add text etc. When the advertismentlayout is final I print the add to a Distiller profile (also by the Ghent group) called NewspaperAds 1v3 (delivering certified pdf files to media is mandatory in the Netherlands). However when I open the pdf the images seems to be converted back to standard CMYK. Apparently I need to change settings in CDR and Adobe Acrobat 8. But I havent got a clue how and where......

Anyone any suggestion?

Parents
No Data
  • Can we assume that you're using Acrobat Pro or Standard?  Is so simply set the color management setting in Acrobats edit menu/preferences to assume the proper CMYK profile and the images will display properly.

The important aspect of this is that a Distilled PDF is first a postscript file in which Corel will not embed a profile, it can convert to a profile during this creation process. 

However if you convert all non-CMYK content to CMYK in the Corel file or allow all non-CMYK content in the file to be converted during the Distillation process all your color content conforms to the proper specification.  The work flow for final print will utilize postscript color management and therefore maintain color integrity.

Children
No Data