Connect X5 with Windows 7

Quite often, but not always, my Corel CONNECT Progam won't start! From time to time I have circumvented this problem by just doing a RESTART. Crying

I am using Windows7 and after I load CONNECT, it will bring up the CONNECT start screen, then immediately another winow appears which does a bit of testing then gives the message that "Corel Connect is not working and will now close down"

If I really need CONNECT I then have to do a computer RESTART before I can use it. Which is obviously a bit inconvenient because the whole computer has to close down and re-load everything! Angry

Are there any "program patches" available to stop this?

I

Parents
  • So, connect will run once, but not twice? Or are there circumstances where connect will not run, even though it has not already run since the last reboot?

If it always runs the first time, then it sounds as if it may not be exiting properly. Many programs will not let you run two copies at the same time, so if a previous instance does not close properly it can be impossible to start again. But if you can identify the connect process in the windows task manager, you should be able to terminate it there.

Perhaps somebody with X5 could give the name of the connect process, which will make it easier to find.

Meanwhile, you may find that it is sufficient to log off rather than do a total reboot. It is still a nuisance, but takes less time and should terminate any processes started by the current user.

Reply Children
No Data