Resampling then saving jpg -- but it reverts to previous size

This happens only occasionally. I have a file open in PP5. I resample the image -- reduce the physical size from, in this case, 53 inches to 8 inches high, and increase resolution from 72 to 300 dpi, with the resulting file size smaller than the original. I save the file, then import into my layout in Coreldraw. The imported file is back to 72 dpi and the physical size is huge. I reopen the file in PP, resample again, and resave under a new file name. Same problem occurs when I import into Draw. Of course, I can physically shrink the file to 3 inches high and the resulting dpi will be 300.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Parents
  • Yes and personally I think it is really weird. 

I'm betting the image came from a digital camera that set 72 dpi in EXIF metadata.  Possibly that isn't the cause, but if not I've never heard a better suggestion as to why from anyone.

I've tested & posted screenshots of this in another thread: Problems with saving new dpi

I would really like to hear either:

a) acknowledgment that it's funky

or

b) explanation of why it's not funky

But so far the only folks really posting about this are the ones who try to resample in PP and find themselves going nuts as to why it's not appearing to work.

It's an issue that's not unique to X5 (I recall discussing this since at least X3).

Reply Children