Mutex error from X5

Since downloading X5 trial, I am seeing large numbers of error reports in my application event log:

Event Type:    Error

Event Source:    Protexis Licensing Service
Event Category:    None
Event ID:    49
Date:        23/02/2010
Time:        17:18:24 (about 20 such entries within a few seconds of this time)
User:        N/A
Computer:    UNICORN
Description:
Failed to Release Mutex
Error ID = Returned Error 288 (or sometimes error 1)

ps -- this is on Windows XP and the same machine also has a full version of X4 in case this is relevant.

Parents
  • I am seeing the same thing on my system, starting at the time I installed the X5 products.  

To confirm the origin of these errors, I checked the application log, then started Corel Draw, then stopped it.  The application log recorded 20 of these events.  The same thing occurred when starting Photopaint (20 application error events).   

From what I have read, mutex algorithms (mutex) are used to lock critical sections of code synchronize access to shared resources (lest they step on each other!).  

I am wondering if this may the underlying problem behind the crashing I am seeing in PhotoPaint X5, as noted elsewhere in the X5 PhotoPaint forum.  Has your Corel X5 application been crashing? 

I am running Windows 7 (64 bit) on an Intel quad processor (i7-860) which has the ability to run 8 threads concurrently.  System has 4 gb memory, 1 tb disk space spread across 2 hard files. Graphics processor is a NVIDIA Quadro FX 380 with 2 gb graphics memory

Reply Children