Tell me something about Corel Capture-what can one do with it besides the obvious

In the past I have used the PRTSC (print screen) key to make a copy of what is on my computer screen. I then would just 'wash' it through PhotoPaint and get what I needed. Now I have Corel Capture which seems to do the same thing but in a much more complex manner. There is virtually no information in the X5 manual about this little program so I thought I would come here to this forum to find out for what others use it.

Any advice as to why Capture is better than PRTSC?

• barbie said:

I make thousands of screenshots a year, and use PRTSC and ALT+PRTSC.

The only small thing is that one can make very short animations with Capture, as attached. But it's primitive...

• barbie said:
    I then would just 'wash' it through PhotoPaint and get what I needed

Here's a guide I made for anyone interested.

• barbie said:

In the past I have used the PRTSC (print screen) key to make a copy of what is on my computer screen. I then would just 'wash' it through PhotoPaint and get what I needed. Now I have Corel Capture which seems to do the same thing but in a much more complex manner. There is virtually no information in the X5 manual about this little program so I thought I would come here to this forum to find out for what others use it.

You can save automatically as diferent formats, auto-numbering or rename the capture, choose the area you want (PrintScreen captures all the entire screen), also can capture an animation, save with different resolution, choose a folder, and more. Also, allows multiple sequential captures (is fou uses PrintScree, each capture deletes previous files on the clipboard, you must "paste" after each capture, with Corel capture you can capture all the times you need without paste after each capture )

• Ah, so Capture can create a little gif using several Captures? That would be very interesting to use in making a teaching gif.

I admit that I have not explored all that Capture can do as there was no real instructional help with the manual I received with my software.

I liked the little example made by Jeff. Thanks!