X-5 Question

I have been using CorelDraw version 12 for years and I would like to get  X-5  but I don't  want  to download the latest version of X-5 and then have all the images I created in version 12 only open in X-5

Other then not downloading X-5 is there any other way to do this.

I understand that which ever version of  Corel is the latest version that is what normally opens all of your images.

Thanks Jimmy

Parents
No Data
  • Hello Jimmy; Unless you change the ver 12 files you can open them in 12 or X5. If you save a file after opening it in X5 it will be changed to a X5 file, but if you use the "Save As" under the "File" pull down and look at the bottom of the box you will see a a box with a ver. number in it ( 15 ) select that and save as ver 12 and it will open for ver. 12 - X5. It will depend on how you set " Windows" as to what program will open a file type, If you set "EPS". "Ai", "PDF", "CDR", ect. to CorelDraw 12 that is the program that will TRY to open it. I think that once you use the newer ver. you won't go back to often. you can leave ver. 12 installed and install the X5 ver. I hope this is not to hard to understand, if so say so and you'll get plenty of help.

George

Children