Question on colors for images

The kind of graphics I do are used for a web site and also for printing with a Roland Versacamm wide format printer.

My question is for graphics for a web site do you design in RGB colors and when you design for printing are you using CMYK colors.

Or are you using one type of color over the other for both purposes?

Thanks Jimmy

Parents
  • We had a long discussion about this earlier this year.

Personally I prefer to work in CMYK, and you've been given a few reasons why from the others.
    Many users prefer RGB, and it may also theoretically give a better color representation.
    You must remember though, that you will never be able to print all the colors you see on screen and export to web, on your Roland Printer CMYK, not even near.
    Therefore I suggest that you either work in CMYK from the start, which will create reasonably accurate printing results, or that you work in RGB and with Proof Colors enabled in Draw, this to simulate what can actually be printed. If you don't, you'll most likely be disappointed with the printing result.

Edit: I see now that you were the original poster in the thread I linked to. Were you not satisfied with the answer?

Reply Children