Moving a node to specific coordinates

I have been using Corel for over 20 years, and have never needed support.  I do most of my work editing nodes within a drawing for creating continuous line patterns that are repeatable.  

For years I have simple "nudged" the first and last point of a complex curve to the appropriate position.  Now I want to simplify that by entering in the coordinates for the node.  

1. I have tried Object Coordinates, but it appears to do nothing after I change the node location, or radically change my design.  There is no documentation for it in help.
  2. I have searched Customize for some sort of input field to add to the toolbar with no luck.

I always have to add the information on the coordinates of the selected note to the Status Bar, so I am surprised that I can't find an option for editing the position.

Any help would be appreciated.  If this option doesn't exist, I'd also like to know so I don't continue my snark hunt.  

Thanks!

• As far I know, it doesn't exist. the workaround I can suggest you is to use guidelines and snap to it

• Hello Ellen; I don't know if this will help you, but you can add the Nudge tool icon to the Node edit bar so that you can move the selected nodes by clicks of the arrow keys to get them where you want.

George

• Hi.

A macro would work. You could add a form to this:

Sub moveSelectedNode()
        Dim s As Shape
        Dim n As Node
        Dim x#, y#

x = 0
        y = 0

Set s = ActiveShape
        If s.Type <> cdrCurveShape Then Exit Sub

For Each n In s.Curve.Nodes
            If n.Selected = True Then
                n.SetPosition x, y
            End If
        Next n
    End Sub

~John

• Ellen Munnich said:
    I have tried Object Coordinates

This is of course the obvious solution, but for some reason it doesn't work. Wink (Hint to Corel)
    There is a workaround though:

Open the Object Coordinates docker.
    Select your object.
    This will make the docker jump to Multi-point line mode, and all node positions will show.
    Select a node from the list and the node gets highlighted. You have to guess which node is which, since you cannot select a node with the Shape tool and get it highlighted in the list that way.
    When you find the node you want to move, click the coordinates in the list once again, to make it editable.
    Change to your liking.
    When you're done with all nodes, click Create object, and a copy of your object will be created.
    Unfortunately it doesn't keep the curve information, everything will be straight lines.
    Select the original object and move the appropriate nodes until they snap to the nodes on the copy.
    Snap to Objects must be enabled of course.
    Finally, delete the copy.

This may seem complicated but is quite easy actually.

• Thanks everyone for the great answers!  I just thought there was something I was missing.  

I've been using the snap-to-guideline solution for some time because I can at least input the location of them!  

I appreciate all the ideas...