exporting

I have a client I created art for t-shirt printing--my problem is I can save as an AI file to send--but I don't have Adobe Illustrator in my system- it saves as an AI so when I send it --can the client open it in his AI file. I do have Photo Shop CS5. thanks, Vince

• They shouldn't have a problem opening it. I work between corel/ai back and forth quite often due to my staffs or clients preference for ai for some reason? 

Suggest saving it down to about ai8 usually works best.

If your client is somewhat fluent with AI then it should be ok. There can be quirky little things if your doing drop shadows, sometimes gradients or transparent bitmaps over vectors etc you might want to be aware of. The export can sometimes rasterize things funny in cubits or chop a gradient into slices for each pigment. But for something like screen printing you should be ok, although spot colors may need to be reassigned sometimes. 

Also providing a pdf is another option which can sometimes open even better in illustrator, but then they might have to deal with dozens of power clips.

And always just re-import back into Corel to test it should give a good indication.

AI to Corel and back really hasn't come as far as I wish it would have. Even downloading eps stock art from the big sites can give super mixed results in Corel compared to AI.

But especially for screen printing Corel is a far superior production product.

If this is going to be a common practice don't hesitate to email the file I can take a look at it in AI let you know what I think... Provide any best practices I can see.

jason.fitzgerald@i-3global.com

Cheers!