X5 not opening on Windows 10

Just downloaded X5 to windows 10. It gets as far as the  splash page "Loading application" and then disappears. It even brought up the register page. I've tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it. I've tried the repair on the uninstall, I've tried the F8. I temporarily had the Corel 2018 trial and it seemed to work fine until it expired. Not sure what's wrong.

Parents
No Data
  • X5 is really too old to be able to run under Windows 10. It is about 8, approaching 9, years old. And unfortunately, Windows 10 won't comfortably run software that old.

So, you have two options: 

1.  Obtain a new version of the Graphics Suite, or

2.  Install Virtualbox and then in VirtualBox, install Windows XP, or Windows 7, (if you have the Windows 7/XT installation disk) and then under that, install your CGS X5 version. (FWIW; VirtualBox is free, from Oracle.)

Under option one, you will have the latest vesion of the Suite, the CGS-2018, but fully licensed.

Under option two, you will have an older version of Windows running under a virtual machine, that is running under Windows 10. Do not expect a fast, snappy operation, that is too much to expect.

I believe you may qualify for an upgrade price vs. the full retail price, of the Graphics Suite. This would be my preferred option.

Children
No Data