White shows a yellow hue

Hello,

I'm using corel draw x5 and my monitor shows white as very light yellow, the only way to stop this is to change the color conversion settings to none which then turns all the colours to RGB which don't relflect the colour that would be printed.

My monitor is a Dell U2410 has anyone had this problem before?

Parents
  • This could be because your monitor is assigned a bad color profile. Sometimes, computer manufacturer ships color profile that are not that accurate and it is better not to use it. Normally however, CorelDRAW should detect that and issue a warning allowing you to override it.

I'd be interested in taking a look at this color profile to see if there is something we can improve. Locate the color management setting on your OS and see if you can find what profile is associated with you monitor and if you can find the actual file. Then you can forward it to me.

Do not use the 'none' color engine : that pretty much turns off the entire color management system which is why the CMYK color dont look dull on your monitor.

Also, if you want to see how your colors will look like once printed : be sure to use color proofing. Otherwise, what you see on screen is not an accurate representation of what it will look like once printed.

Reply Children