Panther Cutter

I received a 24" Panther vinyl cutter and was wondering if there is any way to use CorelDraw X3 or X5?

This is an old Signwarehouse cutter that was made by GCC (Jaguar).

Is there a printer driver for this cutter?

Any help would be appreciated.

Parents
  • Jim said:

I received a 24" Panther vinyl cutter and was wondering if there is any way to use CorelDraw X3 or X5?

This is an old Signwarehouse cutter that was made by GCC (Jaguar).

Is there a printer driver for this cutter?

Any help would be appreciated.

Your plotter is a (firmware) modified GCC Jaguar II 61 cutter. (I have the same unit, here). The way that I cut vinyl out of CorelDRAW, is that I have Eurosystems' CoCut software.

CoCut can be used as a stand-alone design and cut or in conjunction with CorelDRAW, where your design (or selected objects in your design) may be sent directly to CoCut and CoCut sends the items to the plotter.

To find out more about CoCut, you can go to Corel's main web site, here, and look under the Graphics section of the list of products, for CoCut or CoCut Professional.

• Hugh Johnson said:
    To find out more about CoCut, you can go to Corel's main web site, here, and look under the Graphics section of the list of products, for CoCut or CoCut Professional.

Hi hugh,

On the site: "CoCUT X4 is a cost-effective alternative to expensive standalone sign programs." which means 399.00. :-)

Another idea to consider is eCut, version 5 was just released. 69.00 per system, and does much much more... neon... leds... nesting..

Cut/Plot functions:

• output to any plotter driver in system
    • output to any plotter with COM port connection
    • build-in algorithms optimize curve quality
    • sort option and first point changing makes cutting process faster and 'cleaning' better
    • color output let You to cut each color separately.
    • plotter options can make eCut to work with any plotter
    • Crop mark cutting feature is available (Roland GX only)

Main features:

• nest objects on sheet with specified size
    • nest objects inside object-container
    • nest each color on different sheet
    • sort option can make result better
    • You can zoom-in and zoom-out preview to see all small objects
    • preview window lets you see result before applying it in CorelDRAW
    • if result is not good enough - You can change parameters and try nesting again
    • You can specify nesting options for each object
    • Save, delete or edit presets

Children