32- or 64-bits ?

Hi, I'm new here. I haven't even really used Corel DRAW yet.

We just ordered a laser engraver. Now the next step for me is to order a dedicated PC and Corel DRAW, which seems to be quite a standard software to design and format engravings. I'm actually training on the trial version these days.

My question is : should we get the 32-bits or 64-bits version of Windows 7 ? Is there any reason we should choose one over the other to optimize the use of Corel X5?

I believe most laser engraver drivers still run on 32-bits, so I'm leaning in that direction. I'd appreciate if someone more up to date could  tell me the status of X5 in this respect.

Thanks!

Parents
No Data
  • Hello Mickey McFly; I'm using Windows Vista 32 on a dou core running at 1.6m and 2GB ram, a 1GB HD 4670 Radeon video
     card. Corel X4, Approach, Lotus 123, SignLab, Web Easy 8 and Verizon Internet software. The system runs grate it's fast and
    reliable. The only software I know of that uses 64 bit are games and Windows. Most of the people that don't have troubles
    using 64 bit are people that are computer wise, they have learned how to set things up and know there are some programs
    that don't play well together. And my thoughts on computers is get the one you need to do the job WELL as cheap as possible.
    I'm not one for the "If you do this or that it will work maybe" most computers come with all kinds of free trial software, the first
    thing I would do is delete all of that stuff you don't need. And you will want a good size hard drive. Like said above I would
    get a 64 bit processor if it was available with a 32 bit Windows The best computer you can get is one built by someone that knows
    what you need for graphics.

MY Thoughts And GOOD LUCK George
    PS This forum is the best place to learn Corel, there are people here that can sell you "How To's" to watch and learn and other things
          that will make work easer.

Children