How to export .cdr to .dxf or .dwg?

Hello,

we use CorelDraw X5 to make cartographies on building plans with several layers of - mostly - polylines drawings (one layer = one building material type or one weathering form type) and we must give them back to architects who use AutoCAD.

We already tried several times to export the .cdr to .dxf or .dwg files, but till now, the architect seems to be able to open the files, but our cartographie is quite illegible: only some parts of the layers are visible and it seems that some layers are not visible at all...

Does someone can first tell me if the exportation .cdr to .dxf/.dwg is really possible?

If it's possible, does someone can explain me how to exactly do? (the help doesn't help me at all till now...)

Thanks,

Bénédicte

Parents
No Data
  • Have you tried importing the DXF/DWG file back into an empty new CorelDraw document to see if you see the same as your recipient? Or the free DWG TrueView viewer.

DXF/DWG seem to be very limited in their capability and the mention of "unmapped colours" in the export dialogue sounds a warning alarm that a complete conversion may not always be possible.

My quick test (in X4, so may not be completely the same for you) is certainly showing some unexpected conversions. For instance, my yellow filled object with a black outline is re-importing as an unfilled object with a yellow outline of changed thickness.

Best suggestion I can make is to experiment with different colours and see which get through unscathed, and try to limit your design to those colours.

Also, since you are using layers, check the layers all have display/print flags.

Children